[Haskell] Re: [Haskell-cafe] Work on Video Games in Haskell

Peter Verswyvelen bugfact at gmail.com
Fri May 28 05:31:59 EDT 2010

It's interesting to see what will happen to Unity3D. This great casual
game development tool offers support for exporting to iPhone. They are
hit by Apple's new developer license - because they generate code -
but apparently, apps generated by Unity3D do end up in the Apple
store...

Now.. Unity 3D is also planning to support Android in the future. I
wouldn't be surprised that as soon as you can export games for both
iPhone and Android with a simple click, that Apple would prohibit
Unity3D generated games, as they have the power with their license
agreement, who knows.

See e.g. http://blogs.unity3d.com/2010/04/10/unity-and-the-iphone-os-4-0/

The strange thing is: Apple supports HTML5. But with HTML5 one would
be able to write (and publish and sell) all kinds of Flash-like games
directly on the internet, without Apple having any kind of control
over what content gets on the iPhone... So I really don't get it...