[Haskell-cafe] MultiParamClasses question

Eugeny N Dzhurinsky bofh at redwerk.com
Wed May 26 04:31:05 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 10:46:47PM +0100, Stephen Tetley wrote:
> Hi Eugene
>
> You can store different things in a Map by collecting them with a
> simple 'sum' type:

Hello, Stephen!

The records to be stored into a Map are not related to each other. So wrapping
them into another type is not very smart solution in my case :)

The problem is really with the fact that records, created from such lines

user_1_name=user
group_1_name=group

do refer to the same key 1. But you gave me idea that I can use single map -
but as a key use something like

type KeyT k i = (k,i)

where k is type of record (Group or User), and i is index, usually Int.

This way I will try to redesign my existing code.

Thank you for the idea :)

--
Eugene Dzhurinsky