[Haskell-cafe] Haskell, Queries and Monad Comprehension

C. McCann cam at uptoisomorphism.net
Mon May 24 10:40:42 EDT 2010

2010/5/23 Günther Schmidt <gue.schmidt at web.de>:
> is there anybody currently using Haskell to construct or implement a query
> language?

I've a half-baked, type-indexed (in HList style) implementation of
relational algebra lying around somewhere, if that counts as a "query
language". I was experimenting with using it as a sort of abstract
collection interface, which actually worked rather nicely I think, but
I didn't have time to flesh it out completely. In particular, only
very simple queries and limited kinds of relation composition were
supported. Definitely just toy code, though, and dreadfully
inefficient; if you're looking for an "actual implementation" meaning
"usable interface to an external persistence layer" then disregard
this.

- C.