[Haskell-cafe] Proposal to solve Haskell's MPTC dilemma

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Fri May 21 01:00:15 EDT 2010

> Hi Evan, hasn't EHC had something like this for a while with 'type
> class directives'?

I dunno, I don't even know what ehc is.  Is it this?

http://www.cs.uu.nl/wiki/Ehc/WebHome

I turned up a paper that mentioned type class directives, but I
haven't read it yet.  In any case, the EHC page says "nearing first
release!" so "had something like this for a while" depends on your
perspective of "has" :)

In any case, I thought the habit paper was fun and had a number of
things it would be nice to have in haskell (even simple sugar like
case<- and if<-).