[Haskell-cafe] [reactive] A pong and integrate

Limestraël limestrael at gmail.com
Mon May 17 16:36:08 EDT 2010

I looked at elerea. I found it simple and nice!
I just regret the fact that the SignalMonad can only be run inside IO. With
reactive, you can transform signals in pure code.

> I suggest unpacking the source of
> dow and executing it in ghci, the problem will be obvious as you play at
> length.

Yes, as no optimization is done? But as long as you compile the code, you
don't have such a problem?

> Unfortunately, Elerea doesn't really work well as an EDSL,
> however much I'd like it to. Its main issue is that unreferenced
> entities keep using CPU time until they are garbage collected -- this
> comes from the necessity to keep them referentially transparent

Does reactive work elsewise?

I know that every FRP framework will have its own hiccups, as it is a domain
which is still in development, but still, I found the time-leak bug (if it
is a bug) in reactive very weird.