[Haskell-cafe] Windows 7 Permission Denied Problem on Cabal

Ralph Hodgson rhodgson at topquadrant.com
Mon May 17 03:18:28 EDT 2010

Following a successful install of the Haskell Platform on MAC OSX,  I
proceed to update my Windows PC.

Frustration followed. I am blocked by a "Permission Denied" error when I do
a "Setup install":

>ghc --make Setup

[58 of 58] Compiling Main             ( Setup.hs, Setup.o )

Linking Setup.exe ...

>Setup configure

Configuring Cabal-1.8.0.4...

>Setup build

Preprocessing library Cabal-1.8.0.4...

Building Cabal-1.8.0.4...

Registering Cabal-1.8.0.4...

>Setup install

Setup: permission denied

I changed the permission on folders in the "Haskell Platform" directories to
"full control", without any effect.

I have searched the web for help but  could not find my problem. Can't help
but think it is something trivial but what?

Help appreciated.

Ralph Hodgson, @ralphtq <http://twitter.com/ralphtq>