[Haskell-cafe] How efficient is read?

Tom Hawkins tomahawkins at gmail.com
Mon May 10 16:50:12 EDT 2010

> In fact, if you just want
> Read-like functionality for a set of Haskell datatypes, use polyparse: the
> DrIFT tool can derive polyparse's Text.Parse class (the equivalent of Read)
> for you, so you do not even need to write the parser yourself!

Cabal install DrIFT-cabalized complains.  What is the module "Rules"?
I've never seen it before.

Is there a quick fix?  I didn't see a "build-depends" line in my
~/.cabal/config file.

e0082888 at e0082888-laptop:~$ cabal install DrIFT-cabalized
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring DrIFT-cabalized-2.2.3.1...
Preprocessing executables for DrIFT-cabalized-2.2.3.1...
Building DrIFT-cabalized-2.2.3.1...

src/DrIFT.hs:19:17:
    Could not find module `Rules':
      It is a member of the hidden package `ghc-6.12.2'.
      Perhaps you need to add `ghc' to the build-depends in your .cabal file.
      Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
DrIFT-cabalized-2.2.3.1 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1