[Haskell-cafe] Re: How efficient is read?

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Sun May 9 10:57:38 EDT 2010

On 9 May 2010 13:25, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH <allbery at ece.cmu.edu> wrote:
[SNIP]

> Hm.  I'd understand that as referring to the fact that Parsec 3 can use
> arbitrary input types instead of [Char], not to streams as in stream fusion
> or lazy processing.

Hi Brandon

Yes - that's my impression too.

There is a package for Parsec iteratee package on Hackage that would
presumably support for streaming (thats to say online, or synonymously
- 'piecemeal' / lazy processing). However unless I could find a
tutorial, I'd go with Polyparse or uu-parsinglib (Doaitse Swierstra
has a tech report that gives a very detailed guide to uu-parsinglib).

Best wishes

Stephen