[Haskell-cafe] Re: How efficient is read?

Paul R paul.r.ml at gmail.com
Sun May 9 03:45:50 EDT 2010

PEM> In fact, the time you'd spend writing read instances would not
PEM> compare to the half hour required to learn parsec.

maybe the wiki could be updated to give more clues for a newcomer.

  http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Parsec

in particular :

 - link 1 points to the parsec site, with an almost 10 years old
   documentation, for a previous major release
 - link 3 is broken

The rest of the page is a bit terse as well. I'm really wondering what
one should start reading to learn how to parse a stream in haskell.

--
  Paul