[Haskell-cafe] ANN: test-framework 0.3.0

Gregory Collins greg at gregorycollins.net
Fri May 7 21:31:39 EDT 2010

Max Bolingbroke <batterseapower at hotmail.com> writes:

> I'm pleased to announce the release of version 0.3 of test-framework
> (http://hackage.haskell.org/package/test-framework-0.3.0).
>   * There is a new command line option (--plain), which tells the test
> runner to avoid using any ANSI features - this can be handy if you are
> (for example) viewing test output in Emacs

I don't see this one, although the junit option is there:

    ./dist/build/testsuite/testsuite --plain
    unrecognized option `--plain'
    Usage: testsuite [OPTIONS]
                       --help                                       show this help message
      -j NUMBER        --threads=NUMBER                             number of threads to use to run tests
                       --test-seed=NUMBER|random                    default seed for test random number generator
      -a NUMBER        --maximum-generated-tests=NUMBER             how many automated tests something like QuickCheck should try, by default
                       --maximum-unsuitable-generated-tests=NUMBER  how many unsuitable candidate tests something like QuickCheck should endure before giving up, by default
      -o NUMBER        --timeout=NUMBER                             how many seconds a test should be run for before giving up, by default
                       --no-timeout                                 specifies that tests should be run without a timeout, by default
      -t TEST-PATTERN  --select-tests=TEST-PATTERN                  only tests that match at least one glob pattern given by an instance of this argument will be run
                       --jxml[=FILE]                                Set the output format to junit-xml, and (optionally) writes to FILE instead of STDOUT

Gregory Collins <greg at gregorycollins.net>