[Haskell-cafe] ANN: precis-0.3.1 - Cabal package diff tool

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Wed May 5 06:37:48 EDT 2010

Hi Henning

Thanks.

I'm open to suggests for prettifying the output, or adding further
comparisons. While coding precis, I decided that trying to police
version numbers would be impractical so I decided to focus on
changes/diffs instead.

By the way - on the Package version policy page, Section 2 (Version
Numbers) takes a lot of reading to make sense of (and I'm notionally a
native English speaker). Maybe item 3 should state that "D" increases
rather than the nebulus "other version components".

http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Package_versioning_policy

Best wishes

Stephen