[Haskell-cafe] Re: Is anyone using Haddock's support for frames?

Tristan Allwood tora at zonetora.co.uk
Wed May 5 05:34:41 EDT 2010

+1 to keep it until equivalent functionality is made mainline

I've had tinyurl.com/haskelldoc aliased to the main frame page
(http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.12.2/html/libraries/frames.html) and
used it extensively on a daily basis for GHC libraries and GHC API
browsing.  Navigating the current non-framed, disparate, seperate
documetation feels painful and slow.  I would note though that the
frames pages arn't currently working on hackage:
e.g. http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/text/0.7.1.0/doc/html/frames.html).

BTW, I would point out the two best documentation systems I've seen in
other languages (javadoc[1] and rubydock[2]) are frame based and (IMO)
very easy to navigate.

[1] http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/
[2] http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/

Cheers,