[Haskell-cafe] Haskell and the Software design process

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Wed May 5 01:07:58 EDT 2010

>>>>> "aditya" == aditya siram <aditya.siram at gmail.com> writes:

    aditya> This is awesome! GHC-devs , please mainline the CONTRACT
    aditya> pragma.

I think it needs a LOT more work before it is usable. (I hope I'm wrong,
but Dana reckoned it needed about 7 more man-years of work.)

Dana sent me a copy of her ghc 6.8 repository (which didn't compile), and I updated (by hand) a
6.11 repository. I was able to get a few test programs to be rejected as
not fulfilling their contracts (due to type classes), and a few others
to loop at compile time, but I couldn't find any that passed.

I was supposed to have a go at debugging the loops, but never got round
to it.
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire