[Haskell-cafe] Fwd: Error instaling Happstack on Windows - cabal bug?

Flavio Botelho fezsentido at gmail.com
Tue May 4 18:29:48 EDT 2010

Trying to install on Windows, i am having a strange problem (may
actually be some cabal bug?),

More specifically trying to install happstack-util

[13 of 19] Compiling Happstack.Crypto.MD5 ( src\Happstack\Crypto\MD5.hs, dist\bu
ild\Happstack\Crypto\MD5.o )
happstack-util-0.5.0 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure (-1073741819)

A Windows prompt shows problems (Application not properly initialized)
with a "perl.exe" program.
Does cabal use perl (that's completely unexpected for me)?

I did install perl and put it on the path and that didn't solve it
(maybe there is a configuration parameter to point to perl's
executable?)....

Thanks,
Flavio