[Haskell-cafe] Re: gtk2hs for 2010.1.0.0

Andy Stewart lazycat.manatee at gmail.com
Mon May 3 22:32:33 EDT 2010

Hi Ivan,

Ivan Miljenovic <ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> writes:

> On 4 May 2010 04:21, Maciej Piechotka <uzytkownik2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone have installer for gtk2hs for Haskell Platform 2010.1.0.0?
>
> Considering that there is as yet no release of gtk2hs that supports
> GHC-6.12.*, it seems unlikely.  At best someone may have taken a
> snapshot of the darcs repo and built that.
I have test gtk2hs darcs with GHC-6.12*,

And result is gtk2hs works well with 6.12.1, and can compile under
6.12.2

But gtk2hs program got "segmentation fault" under 6.12.2 somehow.
I doubt 6.12.2 break c2hs-branch in gtk2hs.
I have tick it at : http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/4038

So my suggestion is:
Use gtk2hs with 6.12.1 instead 6.12.2.
I have test it, gtk2hs can works stable with 6.12.1
Of course, 6.10* can works well too.

Currently, gtk2hs darcs repo can install by Cabal, just get code, then
"./bootstrap.sh", it will build everything for you.

Cheers,

  -- Andy