[Haskell-cafe] Cabal-install: bus error

Chris Eidhof chris at eidhof.nl
Mon May 3 17:21:26 EDT 2010

Hey everyone,

After I upgraded to a newer cabal-install my cabal-install broke again: I get a Bus Error when doing "cabal update" or "cabal install something". The version that was bundled with the Haskell platform worked fine, but now it's broken again. I'm not sure what it was that went wrong or how to debug this.

The previous time I had Bus Errors I upgraded to the newest available Haskell Platform release and started from scratch. I would prefer not to do that again. However, I don't really know how to solve the Bus Error. Does anyone have a clue where to start? Or is there a way to undo my cabal-install upgrade?

-chris