[Haskell-cafe] eclipse, haskell-platform and windows. Installation problem.

Han Joosten han.joosten at atosorigin.com
Mon May 3 13:58:54 EDT 2010

Hi all
I have been using an old version of eclipsepf for quite some time now on my
windows machine. Recently I saw that there is a newer version, as well as a
newer version of haskell.  However, I am not able to get it all to work. I
wonder if you are able to help me out.

First, I installed the newest version of ghc by means of the
haskell-platform. Then I installed git, so I was able to download the
special variant of scion, as specified at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipsefp/files/EclipseFP%202%20branch/1.110/net.sf.eclipsefp.haskell_1.110.txt/view

Then  I tried to build the downloaded scion:

    C:\data\gitRepository\scion>runhaskell Setup.hs configure
    Configuring scion-0.1.0.2...
    Setup.hs: At least the following dependencies are missing:
    binary ==0.5.*,
    ghc-paths ==0.1.*,
    ghc-syb ==0.1.*,
    hslogger ==1.0.*,
    json ==0.4.*,
    list-tries ==0.1.*,
    multiset >=0.1 && <0.3,
    uniplate ==1.2.*

As you can see, this failed. However, since I have the new cabal, that comes
with the haskell platform, I figured that the above dependancies should not
be a problem. So I used cabal:

Cabal install binary

(and then I cabal installed all other missing packages. )
All cabal install commands completed succesfully.

Then, again i tried 'runhaskell setup.hs configure', but this failed again
with exactly the same message as before. It seems that all packages that I
installed dissapeared!

I probably do something stupid, but I cannot figure out what I should do.
Any help is welcome!

Thanks!

Han Joosten