[Haskell-cafe] Strict type system allows for a maximum number of programming errors to be caught at compile time.

Casey Hawthorne caseyh at istar.ca
Mon May 3 11:34:15 EDT 2010

>Strict type system allows for a maximum number of programming errors to be caught at compile time.

I keep hearing this statement but others would argue that programming
errors caught at compile time only form a minor subset of all errors
caught.

So, in functional programming languages with a strict type system,
e.g. Haskell, do typing errors from a larger subset of all programming
errors.

I don't mean "tpynig errros".

:)
--