[Haskell-cafe] Build problems (hsp, trhsx, ultimately Happstack)

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Sat May 1 06:39:52 EDT 2010

Am Samstag 01 Mai 2010 10:34:22 schrieb Warren Harris:
> On May 1, 2010, at 1:28 AM, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic wrote:
> > Warren Harris <warrensomebody at gmail.com> writes:

> >> Thank you. That worked. I had a similar problem installing the
> >> happstack-tutorial, but found that I could work around it with this:
> >>
> >>  cabal install "Crypto<4.2.1"
> >
> > And this, people, is why bounded dependencies in cabal files are so
> > desirable.

More than desirable.

> Uh... actually I was a little too quick in sending my last message. I
> only built crypto, not the tutorial. Trying again I hit this:
>
> $ cabal install "Crypto<4.2.1" happs-tutorial

Try

$ cabal install  --constraint="Crypto<4.2.1" --constraint="HJScript<0.5"
happs-tutorial

(use --dry-run first to see if it finds immediate problems and if it does,
add more constraints until it works, the above combination gave

In order, the following would be installed (use -v for more details):
DebugTraceHelpers-0.12
<snip lots of packages>

for me).