[Haskell-cafe] Writing Mac OS X Plug-Ins in Haskell

Richard G. richardg at richardg.name
Sat May 1 05:22:00 EDT 2010

Hello

I'm trying to write self-contained Mac OS X plug-ins
(http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/CoreFoundation/Conceptual/CFPlugIns/CFPlugIns.html)
using GHC.  I want the plug-in to be usable on a clean system (i.e., GHC
and XCode are not installed).  Does anyone have experience with this or
does anyone know of some resources on this?

I've gotten something working with GHC 6.10.4 and XCode but I found that
it requires a lot of work to find and link all of the necessary
libraries and the result in not portable.  Is there a simple way to take
care of all of the dependencies?

Thanks,

Richard