[Haskell-cafe] Haskell on Debian

Alex Rozenshteyn rpglover64 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 20:42:35 EDT 2010

I tend to install haskell packages from apt whenever possible.  One such
package is "unix", which appears to come provided by the ghc6 debian
package.  I'm trying to cabal install lambdabot and getting the following:

$ cabal install lambdabot
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring lambdabot-4.2.2.1...
Preprocessing executables for lambdabot-4.2.2.1...
Building lambdabot-4.2.2.1...

Main.hs:11:7:
    Could not find module `System.Posix.Signals':
      It is a member of the hidden package `unix-2.4.0.0'.
      Perhaps you need to add `unix' to the build-depends in your .cabal
file.
      Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
lambdabot-4.2.2.1 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
ExitFailure 1

I have a feeling this has something to do with the interaction between cabal
and apt...

Does anyone have any advice for fixing this issue other than just adding
"unix" to the lambdabot.cabal file?

--
         Alex R