[Haskell-cafe] Data Structures GSoC

Nathan Hunter enferris at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 03:00:50 EDT 2010

Hello.

I am hoping to take on the Data Structures project proposed two years ago by
Don Stewart here<http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code/ticket/1549>,
this summer.
Before I write up my proposal to Google, I wanted to gauge the reaction of
the Haskell community to this project.
Particularly:

-What Data Structures in the current libraries are in most dire need of
improvement?
-How necessary do you think a Containers Library revision is?
-Should I attempt to build on the work Jamie Brandon did with Map as
generalised tries, or is that beyond the scope of this project

I am very excited to work with functional data structures, and I would
greatly appreciate any input.

-Nathan Hunter