[Haskell-cafe] Where are the haskell elders?

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Tue Mar 30 04:24:36 EDT 2010

Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> writes:

>> I notice that posts from the Haskell elders are pretty rare now. Only
>> every now and then we hear from them.

I'm not sure who the 'elders' are, but generally grown-ups with a day
time job (professorships, say) tend to be busy people, without much time
for chatting.

> Because there is too much noise on this list, Günther

This is -café, I think some off-topicity should be allowed. Although for
the future, we might do well to avoid political/religious themes.  Like
the advantages of Ocaml over Haskell, for instance.

I think the off-topic threads are often fun, and there are always
thoughtful messages with interesting links, and they always outnumber
the obnoxious or offensive¹ ones.  But in general, some issues just seem
to upset a lot of people, and are better avoided.

-k

¹ IMO, YMMV.  Clearly a lot of people are more easily offended, or have
higher standards of what is interesting, than I.