[Haskell-cafe] Re: Are there any gay haskelleres?

Günther Schmidt gue.schmidt at web.de
Sun Mar 28 17:07:50 EDT 2010

Hi Fraser, hi all,

one thing I did notice is the total absence of a sense of humor on this
list. The only funny thing that on this list was "Don't play with your
monads ..."

There is however a lot of strange understanding of political correctness.

It is very strange to be told that asking "are there female haskellers"
is an inappropriate question because it forces females to either "admit"
it or be silent. As if we had a "Don't ask don't tell policy" like the
U.S. Army.

I've never heard more patronizing rubbish in my life before.

To me merely asking about the gender demoscopy of this group is not an
inappropriate question.

And I certainly will keep doing so and enjoy it. :) While everyone is
getting excited and getting their knickers in a twist I have a great
time. I point and laugh at them.

It's even more fun to make a joke and see people not getting it, far
more so actually.

Cheers

Günther