[Haskell-cafe] Haskell-friendly Linux Distribution

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Sun Mar 28 03:41:21 EDT 2010

"Chris Dornan" <chris at chrisdornan.com> writes:

> I am choosing a Linux distribution for a production Haskell project and
> would would normally just go with Debian

I think Debian (I use Ubuntu, which inherits its packages) just got
a lot better.  I upgraded to 10.4 Lucid, and now I have ghc 6.12.1 and a
lot of libraries from the distribution.

My main reason for using Ubuntu is that it does relatively frequent and
stable releases, good sized package repository, and a large user base.
This way, there are a zillion other users with the exact same set of
packages, and any problem you encounter is very likely to have been
encountered (and solved) by somebody else already.

-k