[Haskell-cafe] GSOC idea: Haskell JVM bytecode library

Brian Alliet brian at brianweb.net
Fri Mar 26 16:33:28 EDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 08:01:57PM +0000, Alexandru Scvortov wrote:
> I'm thinking of writing a library for analyzing/generating/manipulating JVM
> bytecode.  To be clear, this library would allow one to load and work with JVM
> classfiles; it wouldn't be a compiler, interpretor or a GHC backend.

I wrote a JVM classfile library as part of LambdaVM (which is actually
a JVM backend for GHC, it is a bit bit-rotted though, I need to get
back into it):

http://darcs.brianweb.net/hsjava/

It requires my hsutils library (also available on darcs.brianweb.net).
I haven't touched the code in a while and it might need a tweak or two
with recent GHC versions. Drop me a line if you have any trouble
getting it working (and patches are certainly welcome).

There isn't much documentation, besides the code and a few example
programs that dump a pretty printed version of the data structure. I'd
be more than happy to give anybody who is interested in using it some
pointers though.

-Brian