[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: cuboid 0.12: 3D Yampa/GLUT Puzzle Game

Pedro Martins pedromartins.pt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 16:42:54 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Recently, I have been playing around a bit with Yampa and GLUT,
integrating them and trying to develop a simple 3D game within the
framework. As it involved quite a bit of source code reading from
Yampa and Frag (thanks to both!), I have decided to upload the game to
Hackage, to help other people interested in using AFRP for game
development.

Overall, the experience of using Yampa was very pleasing, as it
allowed me to describe the logic of the game in a more declarative
fashion than usual. However, because there aren't many
tutorials/examples on using Yampa for games, it involved a fair amount
of experimentation and so my code might not be very idiomatic for
Yampa. Please tell me if so and I'll fix it so this can be a good
example.

For playing instructions, see the Hackage description [1]. It
currently only has 3 hardcoded easy levels, but the level definition
is a simple Haskell ADT definition (Game.hs), and I plan on placing it
in a separate data file in the future.

This is my first upload to Hackage, so any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Pedro

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/cuboid