[Haskell-cafe] Cabal Compiler Flag Problem

Ivan Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 02:00:45 EDT 2010

On 24 March 2010 16:52, Ben Derrett <ben.derrett at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Thank you. I'm using GHC 6.8.2.

That shouldn't be a problem....  Unless, of course, that syntax (it's
using \e::E.SomeException) is valid in GHC >= 6.10 but not previously
(in which case I would think that that's a bug).

> I can't see ghc-options in the file /root/.cabal/config, am I looking in the right place?

No, I meant the package's .cabal file:

cabal unpack MonadCatchIO-mtl
cd MonadCatchIO-mtl-<version>
<edit the .cabal file>
cabal install

Note that the last line is using the .cabal file present in that
directory so you don't need to specify a certain package, etc.  Once
that's done, you should be able to do "cabal install cgi".

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com