[Haskell-cafe] haskell platform questions

wren ng thornton wren at freegeek.org
Mon Mar 22 23:25:13 EDT 2010

Gregory Collins wrote:
> wren ng thornton <wren at freegeek.org> writes:
>
>> I'm still on 10.5.8. I don't have cabal-install installed yet, but I just
>> installed GHC-6.12.1/HP-2010.1.0.0. I can verify that ghci works fine so
>> far. I'll check out cabal-install in the next couple days.
>
> If there is an issue here it'd be with the binaries that ship with the
> platform, not GHC; can you check /usr/local/bin/cabal to see if yours
> has the same issue?

wren at semiramis:~ $ ls /usr/local
ls: /usr/local: No such file or directory
wren at semiramis:~ $ ls /usr/bin/cabal
ls: /usr/bin/cabal: No such file or directory

But http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/new/contents.html tells me
cabal-install is supposed to ship with the platform...

--
Live well,
~wren