[Haskell-cafe] haskell platform questions

Warren Harris warrensomebody at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 13:38:24 EDT 2010

BTW, I started to try the macports method (thinking that maybe
building on my machine would resolve the linker problem), but the
package up there seems to be the old one:

$ port info haskell-platform
haskell-platform @2009.2.0.2 (devel, haskell)

standard Haskell distribution for every system. The Haskell Platform
is a blessed library and tool suite for Haskell distilled from
                       Hackage.
Homepage:             http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/

Runtime Dependencies: ghc, hs-platform-cgi, hs-platform-fgl, hs-
platform-editline, hs-platform-GLUT, hs-platform-haskell-src, hs-
platform-html, hs-platform-HUnit, hs-platform-mtl, hs-platform-network,
                       hs-platform-OpenGL, hs-platform-parallel, hs-
platform-parsec, hs-platform-QuickCheck, hs-platform-regex-base, hs-
platform-regex-compat, hs-platform-regex-posix, hs-platform-stm,
                       hs-platform-time, hs-platform-xhtml, hs-
platform-zlib, hs-platform-HTTP, hs-platform-alex, hs-platform-happy,
hs-platform-cabal
Platforms:            darwin
License:              unknown
Maintainers:          gwright at macports.org

Maybe the dependencies haven't changed?

Also, not a big deal, but the instructions for the dmg version here http://hackage.haskell.org/platform/new/mac.html
  page say to follow the instructions, but there aren't any packaged
with it. I mistakenly ran the "Haskell Platform 2010.1.0.0" installer
first thinking that maybe it would install ghc as a dependency, but
this crashed. Then I uninstalled everything, installed GHC-6.12.1-
i386.pkg, then "Haskell Platform 2010.1.0.0", and rebooted... and then
experienced the cabal problem.

BTW, there's some description of linker flags here: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2151112
  but the developer claims 10.5.8 solved his problems (that's what I'm
on).

Warren