[Haskell-cafe] installing Haskell

love_pku love_pku at yeah.net
Sat Mar 20 21:21:30 EDT 2010

 Thank you for response!
  It is true that I have asked about the installation of Haskell on the beginners list. But the problems appeared one after another. I just felt very sorry to trouble other peopel again and again.Thus ,I begin to wonder if I am too stupid or the installation of Haskell is really troublesome.

  Another thing, I am using the platform you have recomended in the letter. And I want to install it on Ubuntu 8.04 System. The problems I run into as described in the letter I send to Haskell-cafe list ,I think , is difficult. It seemed that there is version conflict among cabal, network, and Http packages  in the Haskell platform 2009.2.0.2 .  I am unable to install the package cabal.

I do hope I can get some help from you ! Thank you very much!