[Haskell-cafe] [Announcement] Fedora 12 rpms for leksah 0.8.0.1 now available

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 06:35:13 EDT 2010

Lakshmi Narasimhan <lakshminaras2002 at gmail.com> writes:
> *Leksah* is the Haskell IDE of choice.

Is it?  Really?

Whilst some people might find it great to have a Haskell-oriented IDE
(even better to have it written in Haskell), that kind of a statement
demands proof IMHO.  I for one don't recall any polls of this nature.
First of all, there are other IDEs being used (Eclipse, KDevelop, etc.);
secondly, when people ask for IDEs/editors in #haskell, most people seem
to use text editors such as Emacs or a vi derivative rather than an IDE
per-se.

> *Running leksah
> *Once installation is completed, leksah menu item appears under *
> Applications->Programming* (in GNOME) and *Development* menu of KDE.

Which, of course, assumes you use one of the two major DEs...

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com