[Haskell-cafe] Abstraction in data types

Lyndon Maydwell maydwell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 01:06:25 EDT 2010

You could probably also use a typeclass for pointy things rather than
a data type, this would then require you to use existential
quantification to construct a hetrogenous list.

For example:

Class Point where
    getCartesian :: ...
    getPolar :: ...

data Shape = Point p => ... | Polygon [p]

Correct me if this is wrong though :-)