[Haskell-cafe] haskell platform questions

Warren Harris warrensomebody at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 00:07:03 EDT 2010

I installed haskell platform some time ago, and now I'm wondering what
version I have. How do I find out?

Also, when the new one comes along on the 21st, is there a way to
upgrade? Or if I must first uninstall the one I have now, how do I
uninstall it?

Is it recommended to periodically upgrade packages that came with the
platform (cabal upgrade), or is it recommended that they be left alone
to avoid dependency incompatibilities. Similar question for ghc itself
-- can/should it be upgraded in the context of haskell platform?  (I
was hoping to try Leksah, but it dies without ghc 6.12.1. I seem to
have 6.10.4.)

Apologies in advance if this is all documented somewhere, but I
couldn't find it on the haskell platform site/trac. BTW, I'm on Mac/
Leopard -- love the fact that it didn't take hours to build everything!

Warren