[Haskell-cafe] Proposal: Australian Hackathon

Manuel M T Chakravarty chak at cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed Mar 17 06:36:48 EDT 2010

> 1) Who's interested

Interest, yes, but time is a very scarce resource these days...

> 2) What dates are good

Midyear break is 29 Jun to 18 Jul at UNSW, but I'm away for a week in that time period.

> 3) What projects people want to work on

To be honest, I'd probably be in and out and, on a weekend, have one or two kids running around me.  So, working with and maybe coaching some people on code I'm familiar with is probably the most realistic.  That could be Accelerate, GHC, or DPH.

> 4) Where we can host this

As Ben said, we should be able to organise a room at UNSW.  Exactly how we get people on the network here (esp on a weekend), I'm less sure, but we could try to organise some guest accounts on the wireless or wired net — unless people want to bring 3G dongles or iPhones to tether.

> OK, so we have a fair number of people indicating interest... so which
> weekend would be preferred?
[..]
> Or should we take this to the wiki rather than the mailing list?

I'd suggest to do the planning of details on a wiki page.

Manuel