[Haskell-cafe] Are there any web server framework ?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Tue Mar 16 20:35:16 EDT 2010

There is a dedicated mailinglist about this topic, see below.
There is a little bit more traffic the last days.

If you have a look at hackage you can see that there are some
frameworks. WASH is still missing. I'm going to change that though.

Have a look at http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Applications_and_libraries
-> Web, HTML, XML

This was recently announced on the
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Web_Projects

But there is no Joomla or Plone yet.

Also I feel that database libraries don't have the level of some ORM
libraries (such as Sequel (Rbuby) or SQLAlchemy (Python) ).

But much work has been done already: There is/was an Apache module.
There are variuous (F)CGI bindings and there is happstack: a sandalone
web server.

There is also a compiler backend creating translating Haskell into JS.
(Don't know whether you want to use this in real world applications
though).

Marc Weber