[Haskell-cafe] GLFW on OS X

Carsten Schultz carsten at codimi.de
Tue Mar 16 19:16:45 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I am working with

MacOS X 10.6.2
ghc 6.12.1
GLFW 0.4.2
OpenGL 2.4.0.1
mkbndl (freshly installed, should be 0.2.1)

I have copied sample program from
http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/GLFW#Sample_Program to a file named
GLFWTest.hs.  (I had to change some Floats to GLfloats.)

No I do:

> ghc --make GLFWTest.hs
> mkbndl -f GLFWTest
> open GLFWTest.app

Is that what I am supposed to do?

The program window remains white, if I move another window in front of
it and away again, it becomes black, but if I draw lines on it (that is
the function program) they do not appear.  If I move or resize the
window, it gets drawn correctly, and I can see that the lines that I had
drawn had in fact been registered.  From this point on the program works
as expected.

Is this an OS X specific issue?  How do I solve it?

Thanks

Carsten