[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: feldspar-language-0.2, feldspar-compiler-0.2

Emil Axelsson emax at chalmers.se
Tue Mar 16 05:43:01 EDT 2010

We are happy to announce the new release of Feldspar and its compiler!

   http://feldspar.sourceforge.net/

Feldspar is an embedded domain-specific language for digital signal
processing. It is developed as a joint project with Ericsson, ELTE
university and Chalmers university.

This is an intermediate release to make some of our ongoing work
available. The most user-visible change from the previous version is
that the vector types have got much simpler, leading to much simpler
programs. There have also been some substantial changes under the hood:
Most notably, the compiler has a completely new structure which allows
defining various optimizations as plugins.

The examples available are still very limited. We hope to make a new
release quite soon with a reworked tutorial and many more examples.

/ Emil