[Haskell-cafe] Parsec to parse tree structures?

Ryan Ingram ryani.spam at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 17:57:35 EDT 2010

Here are some questions you have not answered that are quite important
for your design:

1) How important is retaining shared references?  In particular, is
the structure mutable after being read-in to memory?  If it is, and
you mutate an object, do you expect other references to that object to
be mutated as well?

2) If the answer to (1) is "not important", then how important is
parsing performance?  If you parse the same object more than once
(turning the directed graph into a tree), is that a problem?

This is an interesting problem and of course there are a lot of ways
to tackle it, but I think you need to elaborate a bit more on what is
needed.  If you want to maintain the "object graph" structure, you'll
treat the problem quite a bit differently than if you are happy to
convert it to a pure data structure.

  -- ryan