[Haskell-cafe] ptys and hGetContent problem

Mathijs Kwik bluescreen303 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 18:23:45 EST 2010

Ok, cool

I got a bit further now.
I'm not using handles anymore (they seem to break indeed for ptys).
Just using executePseudoTerminalFd now (from the original blogpost)
and fdRead/fdWrite.
Now I can communicate with the process and all goes well.
If I really want lazy-like behaviour, I can just forkIo and talk
through a Chan, but for now this is enough.

Also sending "\^C" and "\^D" work as expected, although I just saw the
reply mentioning I should ask stty for the current EOF character.

The only thing I'm still looking for is a way to stop echoing input.
Right now, fdRead gives me back the output of the process, mixed with
the input I supplied.
I'm pretty sure this can be turned off.

Any suggestions?