[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Recursive definition of fibonacci with Data.Vector

Alexander Solla ajs at 2piix.com
Sun Mar 7 20:46:01 EST 2010

On Mar 7, 2010, at 5:22 PM, Don Stewart wrote:

> Sorry for the overloading, I mean 'vector' in the sense of
> Data.Vector.
> Being strict in the length, its unclear  to me that you can do much
> with
> infinite ones :-)

Yeah, fair enough.  I studied mathematics, not Haskell's Data.*
hierarchy.  The potential for confusion is pretty strong, especially
since Haskell uses other mathematical terms (functor, monad, etc) with
the mathematical meaning in mind.

Then again, Haskell type classes are not proper classes -- they're
constructible sets of constructible types, at best.  Integrals are
integer-like, and Haskell derivatives are programming languages like
Adga. ;-)