[Haskell-cafe] Re: Real-time garbage collection for Haskell

Simon Cranshaw simon.cranshaw at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 01:56:44 EST 2010

For settings we are using -N7 -A8m -qg.

I don't know if they are really the optimal values but I haven't found a
significant improvement on these yet.  I tried -qb but that was slow.  I
tried larger values of A but that didn't seem to make a big difference. Also
-N6 didn't make much difference.  Specifying H values didn't seem to make
much difference.  I have to admit I don't fully understand the implications
of the values and was just experimenting to see what worked best.  Please
let me know if there's anything you suggest I should try.  That said, we
have already got it to a speed where it's working so I'm ok with what we
now.