[Haskell-cafe] GPL answers from the SFLC (WAS: Re: ANN: hakyll-0.1)

Job Vranish job.vranish at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 12:59:40 EST 2010

This seems really confusing.

It would imply that if I write a library that is designed to talk to some
part of the linux kernel API (which is GPL'd) then I'd have to release my
library under the GPL. And anything that used my libraries API would need to
be GPL'd too, etc...
Which would mean that everything run in linux would need to be GPL'd, which
is just silly.

- Job