[Haskell-cafe] Haskell platform for GHC 6.12.1?

Job Vranish job.vranish at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 09:42:41 EST 2010

I'm pretty sure you don't need mingw and all that. I've bootstrapped
cabal-install on windows a few times now without needing anything more than
ghc (though I haven't done 6.12 yet so I might be totally off base here...)

You can't use the nice bootstrap script, but you can download and build the
dependencies manually (and IIRC there are about 5 or so that don't come
included). Which is still a royal pain, but hopefully easier than all that
other messiness.

- Job