[Haskell-cafe] haskelldb problem

Immanuel Normann immanuel.normann at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 2 09:53:57 EST 2010

Hi,

I have problems with the usage of the DBSpec module. The following used to
work a year ago:

testDB :: DBInfo
testDB = makeDBSpec "testDB" (DBOptions False) [t1]

t1 :: TInfo
t1 = makeTInfo "t1" [c1,c2]

c1 :: CInfo
c1 = makeCInfo "c1" (IntT,False)
c2 :: CInfo
c2 = makeCInfo "c2" (StringT,False)

Now the problem is type error in (DBOptions False):

Couldn't match expected type `DBOptions'
           against inferred type `Database.HaskellDB.DBSpec.
PPHelpers.MakeIdentifiers

So my precise problem is the usage of that "MakeIdentifiers":

MakeIdentifiers
  moduleName :: String -> String
  identifier :: String -> String
  toType :: String -> String

Could someone please demonstrate how to use MakeIdentifiers reasonably e.g.
for the above testDB? And more general: I cannot find uptodate documentation
on haskelldb. Is there something around?

Thanks
Immanuel