[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANNOUNCE: HaRe, the Haskell Refactorer 0.6

Chris BROWN chrisb at cs.st-andrews.ac.uk
Tue Jun 29 07:53:15 EDT 2010

Hi Ivan,

> I've tried playing with an older version of HaRe; it's build system is a
> little weird but I'm sure it can be converted into a Cabal-compatible
> format.  Part of the problem if memory serves is the use of embedded
> libraries that aren't on Hackage either.

That's correct. HaRe builds on top of Strafunski and (a slightly modified) Programatica. It may be possible to wrap these up into a utils package for HaRe.

> Of course, it would also be nice if HaRe could parse more than just
> Haskell98... :p (I know, I know, it isn't easy to change parsers, etc.).

HaRe works over the full Haskell 98 standard. We certainly wish to move HaRe over to GHC Haskell in the future, and this is currently an ongoing effort: if you have any ideas on how to help us do this please contact us.

Kindest regards,
Chris