[Haskell-cafe] Type-Level Programming

Walt Rorie-Baety black.meph at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 17:26:54 EDT 2010

I've noticed over the - okay, over the months - that some folks enjoy the
puzzle-like qualities of programming in the type system (poor Oleg, he's
become #haskell's answer to the "Chuck Norris" meme commonly encountered in
MMORPGs).

Anyway,... are there any languages out there whose term-level programming
resembles Haskell type-level programming, and if so, would a deliberate
effort to appeal to that resemblance be an advantage (leaving out for now
the hair-pulling effort that such a change would entail)?

Or, better yet, is there an Interest Group or committee (Working, or not),
that is looking at a coherent architecture or design for a possible future
version of Haskell (no offense to Tim Sheard's excelent Ωmega project)?

Walt "BMeph" Rorie-Baety
"A mountain that eats people? I want one!." - Richard, of LFGComic.com