[Haskell-cafe] CnC Haskell

David Peixotto dmp at rice.edu
Fri Jun 25 11:02:43 EDT 2010

There is a reference for the CnC grammar in the repository for the .NET implementation.

http://github.com/dmpots/CnC.NET/blob/master/CnC.NET/CnC.NET/cnc.grammar

The parser specification for fsyacc (the F# YACC implementation) is here:

http://github.com/dmpots/CnC.NET/blob/master/CnC.NET/CnC.NET/Parser.fsy

The textual representation is still in flux a bit, but this grammar should be enough of a guide for implementing a parser in Haskell. The grammar is left recursive, so using a parser generator like Happy would be a good choice.

The textual representation will actually be a bit different depending on the underlying language since the types of items stored in a collection is part of the description. For example in C, an item collection that stores an array of ints would be declared like:

[int* A];

but in Haskell we would want to write something like

[Array Int Int A];

I think dealing with type declarations would in the textual representation would be the main difference in implementing the parser in Haskell. Once the textual representation has been parsed to an AST it should be possible to generate the Haskell code that builds the graph using the haskell-cnc package.

-David