[Haskell-cafe] Re: Installing Haskell on OSX

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi glpunzi at lordzealon.com
Wed Jun 23 04:31:34 EDT 2010

Hi Hamish, list...

El mié, 23-06-2010 a las 18:09 +1200, Hamish Mackenzie escribió:

> On 23 Jun 2010, at 10:25, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz wrote:
>
> > I uninstalled all ports and macports, to try with gtk-osx
> >
> > Once I did all of this, leksah builds, but leksah-server don't, with problems with version of libgthread2.
>
> I am confused leksah depends on leksah-server so I am not sure how leksah could build but not leksah-server, unless leksah were using some old version of leksah-server installed earlier.

leksah starts with a blank window, asking for parameter to reindex, but
when Ok is pressed, then, a blank window appears, and closes with an
error leksah-server is not running.

leksah-server it suppose to be builded. I don't remember exactly, but
the error gives trying to execute is something like this

Dyld Error Message:Library not loaded:
/opt/lib/libgthread-2.0.0.dylib
Referenced from: /User/glpunzi/.cabal/bin/leksah-server
Reason: Incompatible library version: libgthread requires version
2501.0.0 or later, but libgthread-2.0.0.dylib provides version
2001.0.0

Now, with my mind cleared, I'm thinking, thath once I rebuilded macports
with quartz support, I reinstalled gtk related packages from cabal, but,
with leksah, I didn't a reinstall, only a "cabal install leksah". Could
be the problem, leksah-server was builded before, and for this, later is
giving this kind of error?

> > I'm at "jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-bootstrap" step of GTK-OSX.
> >
> > Once the next step ("jhbuild build meta-gtk-osx-core") is finished, and all is fine (and really I hope it), there are some consideration, before directly reinstall cabal gtk packages, and reinstall leksah? I ask because it sais thath jhbuild is needed to build gtk apps.
>
> You will also need to
> jhbuild build gtksourceview
> jhbuild build ige-mac-integration
>
> As for building gtk2hs, I have the following in them .profile and that seems to be enough.
> export PATH=/Users/hamish/gtk/inst/bin:~/.cabal/bin:$PATH
> export XDG_DATA_DIRS=~/gtk/inst/share
> export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=~/gtk/inst/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig
>
> Alternatively you could probably use 'jhbuild shell' to set up the environment for you.
>
> Then of course you will need to run...
>
> cabal install --reinstall glib
> cabal install --reinstall gio
> cabal install --reinstall cairo
> cabal install --reinstall pango
> cabal install --reinstall gtk
> cabal install --reinstall gtksourceview
>
> If you do have half installed Leksah libs then run this...
> cabal install --reinstall ltk
> cabal install --reinstall leksah-server
> cabal install --reinstall leksah
>
> You can make Leksah look a bit nicer too with
> jhbuild build gtk-engines
>
> Then to your ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file (or your ~/.gtkrc.mine file if if appropriate) add something like...
>
> include "/Users/hamish/gtk/inst/share/themes/Clearlooks/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"
>
> style "leksah-close-button-style"
> {
>   GtkWidget::focus-padding = 0
>   GtkWidget::focus-line-width = 0
>   xthickness = 0
>   ythickness = 0
> }
> widget "*.leksah-close-button" style "leksah-close-button-style"

Thanks a lot. I will check later at home. I throw "jhbuild build
meta-gtk-osx-core", and, when I went to bed, it stopped with some error
AFAIR. I will check it :(

>From Linux all ok. From Windows seems ok too, but Macos, always gives me
problems with this kind of things.. Seems thath something in the air,
stops me to learn haskell + GUI development :P