[Haskell-cafe] Tiger compiler: variable escaping analysis phase

José Romildo Malaquias j.romildo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 09:57:09 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 02:30:04PM +0100, Stephen Tetley wrote:
> Hello
>
> Doaitse Swierstra has a Tiger compiler written in Haskell + UUAG as a
> demonstration for UUAG attribute grammar system.
>
> The package on Hackage only contains the derived source - i.e not the
> original attribute grammar code, but the generated Haskell source
> after running UUAG on the *.ag files.
>
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/tiger
>
> You could try contacting Doaitse Swierstra for the original UUAG source.

I have found the sources at http://www.cs.uu.nl/wiki/HUT/WebHome.

What is provided is an implementation of a compiler front-end and type
checker for Andrew Appel's Tiger language.

The variable escaping phase (needed only to decide where variables would
be allocated in the back-end) is not implemented. At least I could not
find it in a quick view.

Romildo